Tuesday, January 19, 2010

WHOOOOOA BUNDY!!!!

I am sitting alone at home, doing nothing but cruising facebook and thinking of what to have for dinner. Also thinking of what to write next...

Although... yesterday was quite... good, and bad. Let me fill you in.

I've pretty much given up WoW (but have not deleted or sold my account), and I have now picked up good ol' Dungeons and Dragons. Im a level 6 (almost 7) Deva Bard named Imamac. 'Haha' right? Right... Anyways... that means that Imamac is the Healer in the group I play with. Out of the 5 people that play (including the DM-aka Dungeon Master, and me) I am the only girl. Theres not too many girls that play games like that and that makes me smile. Why? Because I think it shows that not all girls are those prissy, stuck up bitches who gave you dirty looks in highschool because you're 'ugly' or are something different from them.

For those who don't know me, I am a fairly quiet and shy person. I dont do well in social situations most of the time, so that makes it hard for people to understand, or hear what I have to say. One night while we were playing DnD there was a new guy in the group (I call him the one night stand because he never came back to play again), and he was going to die, so everyone else (except perhaps the DM) was telling him to use his Second Wind power. I tried suggesting for him to move away from the area he was in, since it appeared that he might become surrounded by enemies, and come towards me so that I could heal him. I also would he heal him more effieciently than he could by himself... One guy just barely looked at me and continued trying to tell him to use Second Wind, and reading his player's handbook.

I tried to suggest it a couple more times but illicited no response but a look or two. While I understand that any new player should learn every kind of power he has, I don't think anybody's opinion should be ignored like that. It felt like there was no point to me being a healer at that moment, and I kept asking myself... "why do I bother?". So i passed along a message to my bf (aka- the DM... lol) and he suggested that I withhold a heal so that they realise that they need me, and that i'm still there.

So anyways... The new guy got surrounded, and the enemies gained combat advantage, and he died again. They wanted me to heal him then but thats when my Heal got withheld. So... lol the group wasnt exactly pleased. However, I did start healing again after that.

And WOW!! lol I got so far from what I wanted to say. I was going to talk about last night... haha. So last night I was told to stop 'METAGAMING' when I said that stepping into a fire would cause oh so much damage. Technically we already knew this but the DM had gotten the original amount of dmg wrong so I was just letting the group know. That CAN be seen as metagaming I guess, but like I said, technically we should have already known about it. Anyways... the one guy that called me a metagamer also said afterwards that he already knew but he didnt want to say anything. And listen to this!! He also started metagaming during the encounters. I dislike Hypocrites. This same guy also started to play other peoples characters a little.

Heres an example... He decided that we were doing a surprise attack. Him and another guy (lets call him Agent M) would move through a fire while me and the player next to me would circle around to another door. Funny thing is... he pretty much told Agent M to go through the fire just because he had fire resistance... Then when the miniatures were set, he decided that he would switch positions with him so that M would go through the fire first. And after they had moved into the room he started putting mine and my partner's characters into the room. I found that quite rude and said "Excuse me?" and placed my character back where it had been. The door was still closed too. So he has irritated me to the point that I don't enjoy him playing in the same group as me. Oh and in the same encounter Agent M and me pretty much got cornered oustide the room where the encounter was. The main boss guy hit me and threw me against the door that happened to lead to the room that has a Big Ogre and a whole bunch of Orcs (that apparently had run away earlier). So Agent M teleported into the room our allies were in and left me hanging with an Ogre at my back, and the boss in front. Haha but the end of the encounter proved to be sweet sweet revenge (in a way).

We had forgotten to loot the last corpse in the dungeon, and we were smacking our heads. I said soon after that I was going back to get it. Mr. Metagaming Hypocrite, was like "You'll get a random encounter if you do that. You'll die. Etc...". That was not to be. The DM rolled his D20 (he got a 1-So it took me 1 hour to get back to that room) then he realised that in the encounter book he had, it said that after we defeat the Last Boss and exit the dungeon, any enemy remaining would flee out a back way. So I didnt get a random encounter and I received a +2 Flaming Hammer (or something). But it was worth 5000gp, and I sold it in town and kept the profit since the DM said that it was mine alone. I know that sounds selfish and greedy, but I was a little miffed... haha who knows? I might share it once i've had more time to think.

Well... I think this entry has been sufficient enough so that it makes up for all the times I havent posted anything. WHOOOOOOOOOA BUNDY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment