Thursday, January 28, 2010

Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!!

So... I am definately feeling a lot better. Yogi isn't leaving, I'm attempting to find a counsellor I can afford, and I am planning on going back to school within the year. I vow to get my life started and to really try to put the past in the past.

On another note... I think I have decided on writing a Fantasy novel, not a sci-fi. It seems I have much better ideas for story lines in the F category, and I seem to have more fun with it. This time I won't post any of the novel online in the rare event that my book actually might get published. (Dont want any of you stealing my ideas now ;) lol)

You know... when I get ideas for books, it just comes to me. Sometimes when i'm at work, or when im playing D&D (thats right... Dungeons and Dragons), when i'm dreaming, and even when im eating. Sometimes its just a sentence from the story and I just build on that, and other times its almost like a halfway finished plot line. So I write all those ideas down on whatever scrap of paper i have and i stow it away to look at later. Oh and sometimes i can look at a picture and i can start getting ideas just based on that.

Now... When it actually comes down to writing out the novel I tend to write a couple chapters, then I look at it and I start to think that... well... that its a poorly written piece of work, and that I was foolish to even attempt it. I've been told otherwise by people who have actually read whatever progress I've actually made. Even then... I have never had much faith in my work which, i know, is really bad for any success i might actually be able to get with it. If I dont have faith in my own stuff, then how will that appear to the reader?

Anyways... I'm going to go work on the story a bit more and then eat. Let me know what you think.

Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment